Soldering- Connect, Extend, Challenge

Video 1:

Connect:

This youtube video connected to my prior knowledge of circuits from last year. Before watching the video, I knew the basics of circuits but have no prior knowledge of soldering. I had heard a little bit about soldering from girls last semester, but that was the only time I have heard about soldering before.

Extend:

This youtube video extended my knowledge because I didn’t know very much about soldering before. It extended my knowledge on how to solder as well as a what soldering is. It taught me to be very careful and precise whilst soldering and making my circuits. I had never had the experience of soldering before

Challenge:

This video challenged me because I had never heard of soldering before watching this video. Sometimes, the video was very fast and I needed to go back and watch some of the video again to fully understand it.

Video 2:

Connect:

This video connected to what I learnt in the previous video and my knowledge of circuits from last year. This helped me understand how to make a circuit and now I know how to make a more professional circuit then a snap circuit.

Extend:

This video extended my knowledge of soldering as I didn’t know how to solder or what soldering looks like.

Challenge:

This video challenged me because some of the steps were quite fast and because I had never soldered before, I needed to replay them and watch them a couple of time to fully understand them.

Week 3:

This week, I spoke to Mrs Kemp and decided to change my project. Originally, I was going to build a water filter, but after talking to Mrs Kemp we decided to change it into a prac. Now, I am building three different types of DIY water filters and then will test the ph. levels and clarity of the water. I worked very efficiently in this lesson as I started my introduction. Next week, I will finish my introduction and my variables.

Week 4: 

This week, I finished my introduction, variables, materials and methods and am on track. I didn’t have the opportunity to solder, but hopefully will next week I will. During this week, I will organise all of the materials that I will need so on Tuesday, I can do my Prac.  Other then soldering, next week I will try and complete my prac and then fill in the results table.